Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fun with Mom

' My Mom has alzheimers, so it's been hard to get her interested in doing anything. One thing I know she likes is sorting and folding, so I took out all of my assorted quilt blocks that I've never done anything with and let her sort through them. She had such a good time!! She found some of the squares she had made when she started quilting and kind of recognized them. We really had fun. At one point I was ironing and I said "If you start feeling stiff, it's because I'm spraying starch right behind you." She laughed and laughed. It's nice to have some good times with her again, especially over quilting, which was something she loved so much.

1 comment:

jessica said...

What a great thing for your mom - my great grandma had alzeimers and lived with us for a while when I was a child and I remember how certain items could bring up memories for her.